Hotel Cancellation Policy
Guests will have the freedom to cancel by 2pm Sydney time, 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid a cancellation penalty (including local taxes and credit card surcharge). During peak periods and block-out dates, including New Years Eve, a cancellation policy of seven days will apply.
In the event of travel plans changing, guests will have the liberty to amend their booking dates (subject to Hotel Cancellation Policy). Please note by doing this, hotel rates will fluctuate daily and booking dates that are adjusted will absorb the most current rate available on the day of amendment.
Group Booking Policy
Bookings of five or more rooms will be classed as a ‘group booking’ and as such additional conditions apply:
- A full rooming list is required five days from arrival
- Pre-payment in full is required 14 days prior to arrival
- Bookings cannot be cancelled or amended once pre-payment has been made
- Rooms are available overnight for a maximum of two adults.
- When travelling with children, rooms are available for a maximum of two adults, one cot and one kids bed staying overnight.
- When having guests to your room, no more than four adults are permitted in the room at one time.
Booking Guarantee and Payment
At the time of booking, the Hotel will take a valid credit card to secure the reservation. The Hotel will take a pre-authorisation for the full amount of the booking tariff upon arrival, and process all charges after checkout.
Credit Card On Arrival
Upon arrival, the Hotel will request a valid credit card and supporting ID that corresponds with the booking name. The Hotel will authorise the nominated card for the amount of AU$50 per night, on top of the booking tariff. This is to secure any incidentals during the guest’s stay. The authorisation feature is only to verify the guest’s card and is not a form of purchase as it only advises the banking institution of any future transactions within our establishment.
- Guests will have the option to arrange third party payment however, the third party is required to complete the Hotel Credit Card Authority form and provide a scanned copy of their credit card (front and back) as well as a scanned copy of valid ID. This can be arranged by contacting the Hotel directly.
- For guests that do not have a valid credit card, the Hotel may be able to accept cash or eftpos deposits at their discretion on check-in. The cash or eftpos deposit will be a minimum of AU$150 per stay. In addition to this, the Hotel will request valid ID. Upon check-out the full bond or variance will be refunded by the Hotel given the guest’s account is completely settled prior.
Payments On Departure
Upon departure, the guest will have the option to pay extras on their account using the authorised amount taken on arrival. If the guest chooses this option, the Hotel will activate the authorisation and complete the final balance of the guest account by using the current funds held (plus, any additional amount if applicable). Should the final amount be lower than the original amount authorised, the variance will be released by the guest’s bank usually within 48 hours. Guests that don’t have charges left owing on their account will have their authorisation released by their banking institution within seven to 14 business days. Should the guest require the funds released sooner, the Hotel is able to contact their bank to request the funds be released.
Payments that are made by credit card will incur a 1.5% transaction fee reflecting bank charges incurred by Paramount House Hotel.
Please be advised that the Hotel is 100% non-smoking including all rooms and balconies. A cleaning fee will apply if there is evidence of smoking in the rooms or balconies (AU$1,000 max).
Room Damage, Theft and Cleaning Policy
Guests that depart leaving their room in an unpardonable state that requires excessive cleaning and extra time will incur additional cleaning charges. This will be processed against their nominated card used to guarantee incidentals from arrival. Furthermore, any damages made by guests will be on-charged. The damage recovery fee will include labour and materials. Any items taken from the room on departure will also be on-charged at the cost of replacement.
Paramount House Hotel may evict a guest without warning or refund of their stay due to demonstration of, but not limited to the following: Intoxication, antisocial behaviour, physical or verbal abuse to staff and other guests, wilful damage to the room, hotel and its contents , excessive noise, ignoring the advice or requests of the Paramount Hotel staff, smoking in the hotel, or exceeding the maximum number of guests in the room at anytime.
Please note that Paramount House Hotel is an accomodation only hotel and we do not offer our rooms for hire to host or will not allow any events hosted out of the rooms. In the interest of other guests, we only allow a maximum of four people per room at any time. Failure to adhere to this policy may result in eviction.
Any photography of our space for commercial, film or marketing use for another brand or company will need to be approved by our General Manager or Brand Manager before allowed.