Hotel Cancellation Policy
Guests will have the freedom to cancel by 2pm Sydney time, 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid a one night penalty (including local taxes and credit card surcharge). During peak periods and block-out dates, a cancellation policy of seven days will apply.
In the event of travel plans changing, guests will have the liberty to amend their booking dates (subject to Hotel Cancellation Policy). Please note by doing this, hotel rates will fluctuate daily and booking dates that are adjusted will absorb the most current rate available on the day of amendment.
Group Booking Policy
Bookings of five or more rooms will be classed as a ‘group booking’ and as such additional conditions apply:
- A full rooming list is required five days from arrival
- Pre-payment in full is required 14 days prior to arrival
- Bookings cannot be cancelled or amended once pre-payment has been made
Booking Guarantee and Pre-payment
At the time of booking, the Hotel will request a valid credit card to secure the reservation. The Hotel will process full payment of the booking tariff within 48 hours prior to arrival date. Should the guest’s card decline, the Hotel will notify the guest and supply ample time to provide updated credit card details. If guests do not respond before 2pm on the day of arrival, the Hotel will have the right to cancel the reservation and notify the guest accordingly.
Credit Card On Arrival
Upon arrival, the Hotel will request a valid credit card and supporting ID that corresponds with the booking name. The Hotel will authorise the nominated card for the amount of AU$50 per night. This is to secure any incidentals during the guest’s stay. The authorisation feature is only to verify the guest’s card and is not a form of purchase as it only advises the banking institution of any future transactions within our establishment.
- Guests will have the option to arrange third party payment however, the third party is required to complete the Hotel Credit Card Authority form and provide a scanned copy of their credit card (front and back) as well as a scanned copy of valid ID. This can be arranged by contacting the Hotel directly.
- For guests that do not have a valid credit card, the Hotel may be able to accept cash or eftpos deposits at their discretion on check-in. The cash or eftpos deposit will be a minimum of AU$150 per stay. In addition to this, the Hotel will request valid ID. Upon check-out the full bond or variance will be refunded by the Hotel given the guest’s account is completely settled prior.
Payments On Departure
Upon departure, the guest will have the option to pay extras on their account using the authorised amount taken on arrival. If the guest chooses this option, the Hotel will activate the authorisation and complete the final balance of the guest account by using the current funds held (plus, any additional amount if applicable). Should the final amount be lower than the original amount authorised, the variance will be released by the guest’s bank usually within 48 hours. Guests that don’t have charges left owing on their account will have their authorisation released by their banking institution within seven to 14 business days. Should the guest require the funds released sooner, the Hotel is able to contact their bank to request the funds be released.
Payments that are made by credit card will incur a 1.5% transaction fee reflecting bank charges incurred by Paramount House Hotel.
Please be advised that the Hotel is 100% non-smoking including all rooms and balconies. A cleaning fee will apply if there is evidence of smoking in the rooms or balconies (AU$1,000 max).
Room Damage, Theft and Cleaning Policy
Guests that depart leaving their room in an unpardonable state that requires excessive cleaning and extra time will incur additional cleaning charges. This will be processed against their nominated card used to guarantee incidentals from arrival. Furthermore, any damages made by guests will be on-charged. The damage recovery fee will include labour and materials. Any items taken from the room on departure will also be on-charged at the cost of replacement.